Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Transplanting

If you've been reading for any length of time you know my struggle with wanting a garden but not being able to grow anything. I have narrowed the problem down to a lack of sunshine in my life. Haha. Metaphorical sunshine excluded, of course. I have plenty of that (see first photo below). But, I literally have 100% shade on my patio and only two sunny (but tiny) window sills.

Well, since we will shortly be moving to a new house with 1/3 acre (!), I decided to give it another shot and see how I do with more adequate resources. I have high hopes for this years' garden and I'm getting very excited about it. In fact, I was getting a little anxious that I was losing precious time to get seeds in the ground this year (since it's already almost June!) so a couple of weeks ago we started a few seedlings in the window, with the hope of giving them a nice spot in our new backyard when we move.

And they are looking very well! My son is happy to water them every day and see them popping out of the ground.

 

So far all we have are some cucumbers:  

And To-mah-toes: 

The cucumbers are already looking too big for an egg carton, so I hope to put them in the ground as soon as I can. I have to get my hands on some compost first. Woohoo! Bring on the compost! ;) Side note: A friend of mine introduced to SproutBot, which I'm trying out this year. It seems very user-friendly and I'm enjoying it so far! :)

Well, after several delays, escrow is set to close this morning and we have one week to be out of our apartment. So, I will be busy cleaning, packing, renovating, cleaning more, and unpacking for awhile. And not unlike these tiny seedlings, me and my little family will be transplanting our lives to a new, sunnier spot. ^_^


See you on the other side!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...