Saturday, May 12, 2012

Changing Seasons

Changes are afoot.
First of all, the BIG news: we are expecting our second child in November! ^_^ We're about 13 weeks along now and just started letting the word out a couple of weeks ago. We've been wanting a baby for a very long year, so we are SO excited to finally be expecting. Normally I wouldn't get an ultrasound done so early, but we wanted to check on the baby last week to make sure everything was OK (it is). While there, we were able to get this little memento:


Still tiny - about the size of a fig, I'm told. This is not the clearest picture in the world, but it's still fun to see the shape of our sweet little bean in there! Of course, it's too early to tell the gender yet, but I have resorted to calling the baby "she." Mainly because I hate calling babies "it" and I'm kinda hoping for a girl this time... :0)

Also... after about seven years of hoping and praying and searching and getting refused and trying again, we will finally be buying our first house this month! Lord willing, escrow closes on Wednesday. I am SO excited to have a place that we can call our own - to be able to paint the walls and put down roots (literally - I plan to become the most prolific gardener!) and make our own improvements on the place. And many improvements will need to be made! It's definitely a fixer-upper. But I kind of like that. It means we got a great price and can increase it's value more easily while we're there. ;) Joel is pretty handy, so he is capable of most of the projects himself which will save a lot of money too.


I'll be sure to share "before" and "after" photos on our makeover project. :)
Another change this year is that our son will be starting preschool in August. I am more than a little nervous about becoming a school mom, with the added responsibility of homeowrk and volunteer hours (it's a charter school) and needing to have him fed, presentable and packed up by 7:30 every morning. EEK! Especailly with the baby on the way, I am crossing my fingers on this one. I think I might practice our new schedule over the summer. Haha. He is only going to preschool 2 half days a week, so it's not too bad, actually. Mommy might actually need more adjustment than he does. I'm pretty sure I'll be missing him pretty badly for those 8 hours a week. :')

Celebrating the exciting changes ahead,
Charity



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...