Monday, March 21, 2011

Country Chic

A couple of my friends (in two different circles thereof) linked to the Pioneer Woman on Facebook yesterday, so I decided to check her out. The first thing I noticed was how well-designed her site is, and also the sheer amount of content is a bit mind-boggling. She's got alot going on... but it's good. Alot of it is really good. Cheerful. Humorous. Well photographed. Shabby chic. Maybe just chic. Actually, we'll call it "country chic." Honest. That's a good one. Did I say humorous?

So, over the course of the last 24 hours, I've been wandering in and out of her many posts. I think I might have developed kind of a girl crush. She's pretty much who I want to be when I grow up (never mind the fact that I'm almost 30). What's really funny is I've never really been attracted to the cowboy kind of lifestyle. But she's got kind of an modern woman twist on it that really hooks me.

But let's just discuss time management for a moment. For if I am to emulate my new-found mentor, I must analyze her ways. How does any one person run a household, raise 4 kids, homeschool them, cook amazing food, take amazing photos, garden, and still somehow have time to write bestselling books and update her blog, twitter and facebook several times a day? Oh, and make the occasional TV appearance and book tour. All while looking absolutely fabulous. What am I missing here?! I barely have time to feed everyone and do laundry in the same day. And I usually forget to brush my hair if both of those get done. Maybe she has little gnomes, like Martha, that help her out with stuff. Maybe as a mom of a toddler I can't imagine it, but having older kids probably helps... Maybe country living gives her more time for these things. Or maybe she's just amazing...

I think I'm also a bit jealous of her acreage. I've always wanted to garden and have goats and sheeps and chickens and things. OK, the animals might not be realistic, but I would love some room to play and plant stuff. Being cooped up in the apartment with a 2 year old is exhausting most days. "Mama, wanna play cars? Wanna play cars? Wanna play cars?"  Just the thought of having those words in my mouth, "Let's go play outside,"  makes my saliva glands tingle. Give me the open spaces! The big sky, the prairies, the ponds, the grass, the sunshine!  Yes, I am trying very hard not be jealous of the acreage.


Anyhoo.

Subscribe me.

4 comments:

  1. Love this...I can't wait to check out her blog. thanks for sahring it too! PS: I already "Like" Lil' Hipsters and follow your blog...so enter me in the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Team Dean ;)

    Thanks for commenting! The giveaway has already ended... sorry about that. But I host one every once in awhile so keep an eye out for the next one! I usually announce them on FB too.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a cute answer to my time management question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost a month later. And after being a casual follower these past few weeks, I think the honeymoon is over, so to speak.

    I've become disenchanted.

    For several reasons, none of which I will go into right now.

    I'm still entering her giveaways, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...