Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well worth the effort

The other day, I noticed that the conversation between my son's monster trucks involved them discussing which one was going to be Mater and which one was going to be McQueen. And it made me realize that I hadn't seen Mater and McQueen for a few days and they were probably lost. Here was my sweet little boy trying to make the best of the situation by substituting boring old monster trucks.

So I decided I was gonna save the day by finding the lost souls. I looked in all the normal hiding spots, all the places a 2-year-old would usually keep his treasure: in his toy lunch pail, in the seat of his ride-on firetruck, in the back of the reclining chair, in his cart and toy box. Even under all the furniture in the house. Then I had a sudden memory of the last time I saw them, and ended up finding them under the couch cushions.

"Look who I found!" I said excitedly as I handed them to him. He looked up, his face lit with a smile, and he welcomed them back to the group. He put them down just long enough to say "You are the best best mommy," and wrap his arms around me in a hug.

I think my heart melted into a puddle on the floor...

1 comment:

  1. He's growing up so fast. By the time we see him he'll be in kindergarten already. Aunt T

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...