Monday, February 28, 2011

Snowy Surprise

I knit my son a hat sometime last year. It turned out pretty cute, green military style. Daddy calls it his Radar O'Reilly cap. But he lost it recently at his grandma's house. So I had to knit up a replacement. Here it is:

I'd barely got the yarn off the needles before he was able to put it to good use. We had some snowy weather on Friday, which is very unusual for Chico. It snows maybe once every couple of years and rarely sticks. But our city is situated right at the foot of the Sierra Nevada, so a short drive up the ridge to a town called Paradise and we were able to find several inches to play in. :)

It was my son's first time in the snow, which was a lot of fun to see - the way he was experiencing it for the first time. I haven't been in it much myself. But I showed him how to throw a snowball by making an example and chucking it at daddy. He thought that was pretty hilarious.


We didn't go too far up the mountains, so there wasn't quite enough snow to make a decent snowman, but I gave it the old college try, just for the heck of it. Here is my boy with his new little snow buddy.


...Don't let that smile fool you. About 30 seconds after this photo was taken, he was karate kicking his new ridiculously small "buddy" back into powder. We went out for a nice cocoa afterwards, of course. :)

<3

3 comments:

  1. Adorable child. So fun to make things for those we love and especially when they actually wear them.

    jacqueline.strand@sfcollege.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is ABSOLUTELY precious!! Love the hat - so jealous of your talents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute hat! I like the color you chose.
    Your son is adorable!

    Laura
    Born To Be Styled

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...