Monday, January 9, 2012

Photo project: Seasons

This photo was taken in Lower Bidwell Park on the first day of winter


I like how it represents the cold death of winter - in the stillness of the water, the skeleton-like trees, the vague smokyness from the chimneys nearby, and the profound lack of park visitors.

...it was taken *checks her calendar* yeeeeah, over two weeks ago.
And it has taken me this long to share it with you. :)
Which gives you an idea of my pace of life right now.

Anyhoo... this is a photography project I've now started, and by the time I'm done it will be over 9 months in the making. I plan to take this exact shot on the first day of spring, summer and autumn as well. It will be fun to see how the colors change, the sunlight moves, the water becomes more and less filled with life. I have taken shots in a couple other places to and recorded in detail my exact positions and time. Looking forward to seeing it come together. I plan to display and share them kind of like a triptych, but in a set of four obviously. What is a four paneled triptych? Hmmm...

I just looked it up. It's a tetraptych. Hahaha. Well, you learn something new every day, I guess.

Anyway... It's been a long time since I've pursued my artistic ambitions outside of sewing and it feels good to do something with photography again. I'm hoping to have more posts like this in the future! 

In the chill of this winter weather, here's wishing you a warm hearth and happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...