Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My secret weapon

I am a coffee lover. To most people acquainted with me, this is not news. And by "coffee lover" I do not mean that I need my coffee every morning to instill a cheery disposition. Or that I need 6 cups a day to keep my sanity. I usually partake of it sans stimulants, especially in the afternoon. What I do mean is that I enjoy the flavor of coffee, the smell of it, the look of it. I think it's pretty and it tastes good.  I like the idea of it, the piazza-like environment it tends to create around itself - the cafes and espresso bars in the local neighborhoods. These are some of the reasons I also enjoyed being a barista.

About 2 1/2 years ago, I made known that I wouldn't mind owning an espresso machine. But I didn't really think anything of that point, until my generous family gave us this one for Christmas that year.


Pump Espresso/Cappuccino/Latte Maker - ECMP50

It's not the most fancy one on the market, but it's no nonsense and it gets the job done!
I knew Mr. Coffee and I were going to get along swimmingly the minute I laid my eyes on him.

After receiving this wonderful gift, I found myself in the market for ground espresso. I knew one could buy it at almost any local coffee shop, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn there is also a brand available in most grocery stores. That brand is Bustelo... and it's actually one of the best espressos I've tried! Looks like this


Besides the great flavor, the best part to me is my recent discovery that if you order directly from their website, not only is it cheaper per unit, but they also don't charge shipping! Hmmm... pay more to go pick it up at the store, or pay less to have it delivered to my home? I'll take option B, thank you.

Just in case you were wondering what was on my coffee shelf. Now you know.

Mmmmm.... espresso.

I usually throw this in with about 6 oz. of milk and a little sweetener
for an easy and refreshing (and strong!) iced latte.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of Brustelo, but never tried it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...