Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I apologize for the absence.

A few days after my last post, I found out that my father, whom I hadn't heard from in 15 years, passed away in Little Rock, AR. Needless to say, it's been a tumultuous few weeks for me. And whenever I thought about blogging, I didn't feel like it, or didn't know what to say... And in the long run, I was cutting myself alot of slack and being OK with letting things slide. You have to really baby yourself through times like these, ya know? It's the only way to get through.



I will say that God is so good. Through the whole thing, He carried me emotionally. It seems to me that He wove together this wonderful blanket - a patchwork quilt of loving people, miracles, favor, provision, and an amazing sense of peace, and wrapped me up in this comforter of love... or maybe I just think in sewing terms. :) He orchestrated things perfectly, so that, with only about 48 hour notice, we were still able to take a 2000 mile journey to Little Rock to be able to attend my dad's funeral. Joel and I were the only family that were able to make it, and I am so glad we did. That is a whole story in itself, which I won't get into right now...

But, it's been over a month now, and I'm starting to get back to my old rhythms. Starting to cook again, and sew again. I actually have a few different posts I've been thinking about over these last few days, so I hope you'll bear with me as I catch up a little.

Life goes on... and in that spirit I leave you with a photo of my baby I took yesterday. He's usually a stickler for his routine, but this day, he fell asleep waiting for his lunch to be made. He slept there peacefully for his usually nap duration - about two hours. Tucked under his arm is his stuffed tiger - a current favorite of his.


What an angel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...