Tuesday, December 8, 2009

As custom as custom gets

This CUSTOM order just went out this week to my niece and two nephews. I think it's so interesting to see their different personalities reflected here:

The older nephew is very studious and smart. He's only 7, but he wanted something "black and gray." I wanted to make his scarf more mature so I gave it the groovy ribs.



My niece is so sweet - she's into PINK and princesses, and asked for something "pink and sparkly." I had a little trouble finding sparkly pink yarn that wasn't furry too (which she wouldn't want) so I just mixed two yarns together... I made a looser weave and added the fringe to give it a more feminine look:




The younger nephew is only 2 years old, so he didn't have any specific requests. =)
His mom said she thought something maybe in a nautical blue.  I added a cable-knit to make it interesting, which turned out kinda neat, because he's really into helicopters right now. I thought it looked kinda like a whirlybird pattern, you know?




ANYHOO. Whew! My fingers are tired! I forgot how long it takes to create those inches! But well worth it to see the finished product. I really hope they like'em. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...